Thursday, September 22, 2011

Captains Blog, Stardate 9222011

Make a Mini Game

This week we have been working on 2 minigames, one about a wolf, bunny, and carrot, and one about anything we want. I chose alien invasion (surprise surprise, the Trekkie made a SciFi gam)

I dont normally play games in my spare time, but occasionally I will if I find one I enjoy. I honestly dont have any favorites, because I dont remember many. If I had to choose one I'd say Raft Wars. It's a fun game about fighting ninjas pirates and the like, on an inflatable beach raft. It's simple and light hearted.

This assignment definitely gave me a new appreciation for games. Making such simple games is such a challenge. I look forward to writing more complex ones in the weeks and months ahead!

Captains Blog Supplemental Stardate 9252011
I commented on Caitlin's blog!

Captains Blog Supplemental Stardate 9282012
A year later and I'm back to the carrot game! It was a good refresher of how flash works!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha I'm gonna look up Raft Wars now. It sounds fun. Your game turned out pretty fantastically. I also never realized how much went into game design. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that once you get started on a more advanced game you will do just fine with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to comment on some thing so late after you did it, so accept my apol-

    Oh, you redacted it. Ok. Yes, the experience was a good flash refresher, that was certainly true.

    ReplyDelete