Sunday, January 27, 2013

Captains Blog Stardate 01272013 Desktops/Tablets/Laptops TAKE TWO

I think laptops desktops and tablets all have their place in the future. Some people like the bigger display and separated keyboard and mouse that desktops offer. Some like the portability  of a laptop, but don't want to give up the functionality that they would have to give up for a tablet. Some people just want facebook, youtube and email. Those people will use tablets. I personally hate typing on tablets, I'm one of them. I'm not crazy about laptops either. I like my desktop. I think in college I'll use a laptop, but I'll always like my desktops. I may even keep a monitor, keyboard and mouse and my dorm in college so when I'm at "home" I can still have the desktop experience. I think for certain classes tablets are OK, but the majority of classes should probably use full function computers. For in school use laptops are better. I'm not sure why tablets are always lumped in as a 3rd option from laptops and desktops. As someone who is around all three on a daily basis, they're not. Also, we did almost this same blog last year, here's a link. My opinions have changed a bit since then. It's fun to revisit.

I wouldn't be suprised if laptops like the Lenovo Yoga Ideapad became the norm. (A laptop where the keyboard folds under to make the computer a tablet)

No comments:

Post a Comment